Did you know that on June 1st, 2016, Durham Region Health Department will launch the new Personal Services Settings Inspection Disclosure Program called Know Before You Go Durham.
As personal services establishments come up for annual inspection in 2016, they will be issued one of these signs which must be displayed at the entrance to the business, clearly visible to members of the public. During the second phase of the Disclosure Program, inspection results will also be posted online for viewing by the general public.
Examples of Personal Services Settings include:
- hairdressing and barbering
- manicures and pedicures
- tattooing and micropigmentation
- body piercing and ear lobe piercing
- massage and tanning
- electrolysis and laser hair removal
- various esthetic services
To briefly summarize what each colour-coded sign means:
- Green means there is significant compliance with Ontario's Infection Prevention and Control Best Practices for Personal Services Settings as of the inspection date noted on the sign.
- Yellow means there is significant non-compliance with Ontario's Infection Prevention and Control Best Practices for Personal Services Settings as of the inspection date noted on the sign.
- Red means the premises are CLOSED and that the Public Health Inspector is of the opinion that an immediate health hazard exists.
For more detailed information on this program please visit the Durham Region Health website.
All persons in Durham Region who regularly obtain the services listed above should be aware of the new signage which will become mandatory June 1, 2016 (once the 2016 premises inspection takes place) in all Personal Services Settings, including home-based businesses.
Post a Comment